Hi and welcome to our terms and conditions page. There does seem to be an awful lot of don’ts and can’ts on this page. But unfortunately, that is what a terms and conditions page is: packed to the brim with don’ts and can’ts. So let’s get the biggie out of the way first:
THE UNDERAGE CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL IS ILLEGAL AND WILL BE DEALT WITH BY LAW.
The organisers of the Palm Creek Folk Festival have adopted a proactive policy of zero tolerance towards the under aged consumption of alcohol at our festival. Ultimately, this will mean that any minors caught with alcohol in their possession as well as those adults who have supplied them will be handed over to the relevant authorities and immediately removed from the festival.
Substantial fines and court proceedings for both the minor and the adult are a possible outcome.
NO PETS ON SITE INCLUDING CATS, DOGS, PENGUINS AND GIANT PANDAS.
Enough said I would think. So let’s move on to all the other do’s and dont’s and may’s or can’ts about our festival.
- PHOTO ID: If one of the conditions of your ticket requires you to produce photo ID, then if the gatekeeper asks for it and you’ve forgotten to bring it, you will just have to go home and get it before we let you in. No ifs, buts or maybes. Sorry.
- WRISTBANDS: When you come in at the festival gate, you will be given a wristband. The colour will be dependent on the day or type of ticket you have purchased. It is to be worn and visible at all times. Wristbands are non-refundable, non-transferable and invalid if tampered with or broken. If you do not have a wristband or if you have the wrong coloured wristband, our festival team, who can sniff this out at over twenty paces, will ask you to buy another ticket or go home.
- WEEKEND TICKETS: The weekend ticket includes all camping fees and entitles the purchaser to be at the festival site from 8am on Thursday until Monday.
- DAY TICKETS: The day-pass ticket entitles the wearer to be at the festival site on the day for which the wristband colour applies and until scheduled programming is complete. IT DOES NOT INCLUDE CAMPING.
- FAMILY / SINGLE FAMILY TICKETS: The adult component of these tickets must be either the parents or grandparents of the family or a combination of. unless prior arrangement has been made with our secretary. The children included in all family/single family tickets must be under 18 yrs old and can include a maximum of 2 children who are not family members. Children 6 and under are free.
- ADULT TICKETS: All purchasers of adult tickets must be over 18 years of age and may be required to produce proof of age (photo ID) at the gate.
- YOUTH + RESPONSIBLE ADULT TICKETS: All persons under the age of 18 are legally regarded as minors and therefore must be accompanied by and camp with an adult guardian. This ticket is specifically designed for those 15, 16 or 17 years old who are not entering the festival as part of a family/single family package. As the accompanying adult may only act as the responsible party for one 15, 16 or 17 year old, this ticket price is inclusive of both parties. Proof of age (photo ID) of both the youth and the responsible adult may be requested at the time of ticket purchase and at the festival gate, and both must come into the festival gate together. Contact details for the youth’s parents may also be taken at the gate
- CHILDREN UNDER 15: may only enter the festival as part of a family/single family ticket.
- UNACCOMPANIED UNDER 18 YEAR OLDS: will be refused entry to the festival.
General Conditions and Camping
- OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOUR: The Festival has the right to refuse entry or evict patrons who behave in a manner that is inappropriate, offensive to others, or illegal.
- WEATHER: The Festival will take place regardless of the weather. The weather during the Festival can vary so come prepared for a bit of rain, warm sunny days and cool nights.
- DRINKING WATER: The tap water on site does not meet current health and safety standards and must be boiled before drinking. Bottled drinking water is available to be purchased at numerous venues on site or alternatively, you might like to consider bringing your own supply of fresh drinking water. Potable water will also be available from tanks in the center of the festival.
- FOOTWEAR: is to be worn at all times.
- FESTIVAL PROGRAM: The organising committee reserves the right to make changes to the festival program if required, and every year they hope and pray that it isn’t.
- AUDIO, VIDEO & PHOTOGRAPHS: Please respect the copyright and livelihood of our artists by not taking photographs, video or audio recording without prior approval.
- PETS: Pets are not permitted on the festival site. An exception may be made for giant pandas. Please contact the person who wrote these terms and conditions, because she has a soft spot for these animals and may be able to swing it for you.
- ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES: Those caught with illegal substances in their possession will be dealt with by law.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL ITEMS: The festival organisers are unable to accept responsibility for the loss or theft of personal items. Please lock any valuables, alcohol or cigarettes in your car. Although the Rare Palm Creek Looting Snake is on the endangered list, it has been known to make the odd appearance and its bite can be very nasty.
- CAMPING: We have introduced more specific camp areas. These include quiet, noisy (ie drums), remote and car free. Please check the map at the gate so you don’t end up with the bongos till 3am or taking a vehicle into the no car zone.
- CAMPFIRES: Due to our insurance restrictions, campfires are not permitted. Braziers are permitted, however you will need to bring your own fuel.
- GUY ROPES: Please ensure that any guy ropes around your site do not pose a safety hazard for other campers. If necessary, mark them with white plastic strips.
- LITTER: We pride ourselves on our efforts for recycling and keeping a clean site and appreciate your attention to disposal of waste in the appropriate containers. Please keep your sites litter free there are numerous bins provided around the camping areas to take recyclable and non recyclable waste. Please use these facilities thoughtfully. Preferably take all your rubbish home with you.
- LOUD MUSIC: For the comfort of others, please do not play loud music or drums in the non-designated camping areas. We all need our sleep and believe me, there’s nothing worse than a tired and cranky terms and conditions writer. So either keep the noise down or wait and see what doozies she can come up with for next year.
O.K. So there’s the list of do’s and don’ts. For all other enquiries relating to our terms and conditions please telephone 0476590004